Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Neon Easter

After spending a wonderful Easter weekend with my family and friends it was time to decompress and get back to business.  I mulled over and over and over the chart on the right.  My health is progressing and I am healing, but much slower than I want too.  I want to jump right into my purpose and passion.  I can't do it now it would be like jumping in with two left feet.  The foundation is weak, I don't want to build a new empire on a weak foundation.  So, I have to focus on healing and building a new sound structure for living.  

After being in my head for a few days I picked up the knitting needles and crochet hook and continued creating new fabric.  The funny thing is I am a yarn junkie.  Only handspun, hand dyed artisan(very expensive) yarn works for me.  I love, love, love it!!  My family NEVER wants me to knit or crochet anything for them.  They say the yarn smells, is too scratchy and too colorful.  So, this year I bought some craft store yarn (as I held my nose) that my daughters liked and made them berets, cowls and gloves this year.  They loved the cheap non-verigated yarn.  My sister came and loved them too.  What? 

 Now, this cold winter I changed the colors in my room.  Very bright, vibrant and almost neon.  I bought cheap neon craft store yarn (only because I love neon).  Then decided to make two traditional afghans with these very contemporary colors.  They would knit/crochet up fast on large needles.   The yarn is washable (since the dog lays on my bed) and was a perfect match with my bedspread and curtains.  Over Easter my eldest daughter, my sister and my son (wow) put in a request for these neon colors.  I was floored!  How could they!  I have shelves brimming with gourmet designer yarns (and I do mean brimming) and they want $3.25(on sale) craft acrylic yarn.
I was stunned to say the least. 
 But, as I always told my kids while they were in school and they questioned their teachers, 'give the people what they want'!  








No comments:

Post a Comment