Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Taking time to smell the sea


Yesterday and today have been topsy turvy.  Little and big things have been challenging and irritating.  I have a lot on my to-do list this week and I didn't need more interruptions.  I'm trying to find my rhythm in my new environment.  The old chaos tries to slip into my peaceful setting.  I let it for a few minutes, then I shoo it away.  No more holding onto negative thoughts and feelings.  'Shake it off.'  Well on top of that my daughter forgot something and I had to take it to her to her at school.  I was definitely grumbling and shaking inside.  I decided to 'Shake it off.'  On the way home I stopped and smelled the roses, observed the lighthouse, colorful cottages and pulled out my umbrella and stool and smelled the salty sea air.  How's that for finding a new rhythm.  'Pat's back'!



No comments:

Post a Comment