Saturday, May 23, 2015

Organize Studio Day

We had the perfect weather to organize and dust my studio today.  Camp Crafty Diva starts in two weeks and the last minute preparations begin.  First and foremost I needed to get my house and studio organized.  Next on the agenda is to get my plants planted in the yard, then start the camp.  My studio four years ago was a perfectly organized and decluttered vacation house studio.  Everything was in place and everything had a place.  It was 'Virgo perfect.'  This last year moving twice and filling it up it became a cluttered mess.  Now that it's become a full time studio/office space I needed to get it organized.  Yes, I admit it 'my name is Michelle, and I am a craft hoarder.' I'm ready to let go of that identity and this fall I will be decluttering my studio and my storage unit  of craft supplies.  For now I have walking space, sitting space, computer space, sewing space and maybe room for a couple of visitors to sit down.  I'm relieved and enjoying this creative domain.  Yes, the shelves and walls are 'packed to the gills' with yarn and paint and glitter but I can see the endless creative possibilities now instead of overwhelm.

No comments:

Post a Comment