Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine weekend knitting

I bought this wonderful vibrant yarn in Ashevillle at the Knitting Diva yarn shop.  I wanted to make something special out of it.  I've wanted to make lace shawls but they are so fine and detailed I wouldn't even try a complex pattern.  But, I found a kindred spirit in ravelry who designs simple lace shawls with bulky yarns and more importantly easy to follow patterns.  I'm obsessed and will be making more shawls.  My first shawl I made is called 'My Valentine', I loved making it and it's full of self-love energy.



I finished the 'Purple Heart' shawl this morning.  It needs to be blocked in order to really have the leaves stand out.  I ran out of yarn, so two leaves are missing.  I love it too.  These shawl patterns were designed by Taiga Hillard designs on Ravelry.



No comments:

Post a Comment