Thursday, January 23, 2014

Winter Comfort Knitting

This past weekend was another 'polar vortex' weekend.  I am now further south so I'm not getting all of the snow that they are getting back in the DC area.  I love winter and cocooning, hibernating and all of that.  Down here in the south it's different.  The sun shines a lot and is bright, which I love, but I do miss my snow storms.  So, this weekend I cocooned and knitted a 'stashbusting' throw.  It's easy peasy, big needles, many yarns and fast.  Perfect for an ADD person like me.  I finished it in 2 days.  It's easier than knitting a scarf or hat.  I love picking the different colors and textures for the rows.  There is a method to making this light and airy yet very warm and comfy.  You have to mix wool, novelty, fuzzy, and mohair yarns together.  It's not scratchy at all.  This is my third color way.  I'm kinda over my pink phase, but I had been planning this one for a year. I had to make a fancy fringe, I am a fringe kinda gal.



No comments:

Post a Comment