Monday, March 30, 2015

Empowering Girls

Last week I had the pleasure of speaking at the Dare County League of Women's Voters 'Girl Power' presentation.  The purpose was to provide information to assist parents and grandparents in empowering girls in 4th - 8th grade.  I was part of a panel of six professional women who spoke on different techniques and strategies for assisting girls in navigating the present and preparing for their future success.  

My presentation was on empowering your daughters at a young age to become whomever they dreamed of becoming.  Parents lead by example so, I encouraged the parents to bring their daughters to work.  Allow them to participate in the household and support their dreams, goals and desires.  I also, spoke about bullying and how to transcend the negative side and allow the bullying to become a challenge to over come that foretells future success in navigating life's ups and downs.  I also discussed my 'Create Your Dreams with the Crafty Diva's' girls leadership, team building and empowerment program that I have designed and developed.

 My focus is using creativity and the arts to empower girls to identify, create and manifest their dreams into reality.  The other participants were a school nurse, physician, therapist, retired teacher and college professor. I enjoyed participating in this event and hope that I was able to empower the parents to then go out and empower their girls.  'Girl Power'!




No comments:

Post a Comment