Sunday, August 23, 2015

Exploring Asheville

After a nice trip I am now sitting peacefully in my colorful island cocoon.  A few weeks ago, after searching high and low (north, south, east & west) for the last 21 years, I finally found my 'Shangri La' in Asheville, NC.   I have been on a quest for a town that my heart and soul resonated with.  I experimented with Arizona, New Mexico & Colorado.  Looking for areas that were creative, artistic, spiritual, mountain living, Native American influence, culturally diverse, free thinking, environmental, wellness centers, hippie dippy, still elegant and sophisticated and a days drive to the ocean.  I'm an adventurer an explorer by nature.  Growing up as a military brat turned me into a restless modern day gypsy.  I've never felt grounded or at home anywhere.  I've had immediate connections to places, but not a sense of 'Ahhh!'  I'm now ready to explore the possibilities that Asheville could provide.  I'm not going to hop right in and make something happen.  I'm going to let God and my inner wise voice (my heart) guide me.  Not my head.  I'm in my second half of life and time is moving rapidly.  The moments are to be savored and enjoyed.   No longer plowing and trailblazing through life.  I don't have to plant the flowers, I can take time to smell the roses already there and finally enjoy the journey.  It doesn't have to be home, it could just be....


No comments:

Post a Comment