Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Dyeing and painting on silk

It has rained the last three weeks here at the OBX.  We just dodged hurricane Joaquin.  Still a lot of wind, rain and flooding.  Thank goodness my street didn't flood and all is well.  I spent my time playing in a lot of yarn boxes and dyeing silk.  I love the majiccraft of taking plain white silk and mixing dye and watching how the colors evolve.  You never know what will come out.  There are no predictions.  You just go with the flow.  Then the process of discharging the color with bleach and stamps adds another layer of unpredictability.  I love this process though.



Then I started thinking of my other silk art I had painted over the years and am pondering a new venture in silk art.  Taking it to another level not just creating and sharing with friends but really finding and exploring my artistic voice in silk.  Knitting, weaving and spinning has caused carpal tunnel syndrome at times.  I love fiber color and texture so much I'm going to explore silk more.

No comments:

Post a Comment