Thursday, April 9, 2015

Bloom where you are planted

Change is in the air.  I have been living, creating, teaching and healing in my dream environment, my colorful cottage (on an 'at times' almost deserted island Jan - Mar) since September 2014.  I had only vacationed on my island during the holidays so I didn't know what island living was like year round.  I got the chance Easter weekend to travel to Richmond to meet family members and a new addition to our family.  I was in Heaven for 6 hours Malls, high end town centers, Barnes n Nobles, Craft stores , 5 star restaurants and whole foods store.  New houses, apartments urban centers etc.  You get it.  Normal day to day affluent american suburban life.  I hadn't experienced it in a while,  by day two I was 'I'm not missing much', day three 'I've had enough', day four 'I'm so over this' take me home.  I had a great few days visiting my oldest and my sister and her new daughter.  My middle and my youngest were home at the beach working during spring break.  (That's what island kids do, serve the vacationers over the holidays).  So I was by myself just a little bit.  I got a chance to breathe and reassess my life and the direction that I am now taking.   I realized that I don't miss my old life and my new life is just beginning.  I drove home yesterday through a deep and heavy fog, (the weather that is) going over bridges and feeling like I was moving into another dimension.  When I got to my village 'tada' the sun was shining.  These pictures sum up what I'm feeling today peaceful and content where I am and emotionally, spiritually and physically processing all the overstimulation I received by traveling in the "real world."  Nala is processing my new energy too.  She didn't sleep well while I was gone.  I feel like I'm the verge of a Grand New Adventure.  I can't wait to see how it unfolds.  My motto is 'Bloom where you are planted,' for now I am planted here.




No comments:

Post a Comment