Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Earth Day


Spent an enjoyable day with my friend Laurell exploring up the beach and visiting a garden center. We spent time collaborating and planning garden designs, pergolas and dream decks and pools. We were looking for flowering plants that enhanced nature and were non toxic to bees and butterflies. A great way to spend Earth Day.






I got my great love of gardening and flowers from my father and grandfather.  My grandfather was passionate about his extensive gardens.  Flowers, fruits and vegetables were planted every session.  I loved helping him in the garden during our summer visits.  My grandmother canned and froze all of their harvests.  My sister and I loved to help her out in the kitchen.  So I honor my 'Pop pop' on this Earth Day for instilling in me my love and appreciation for our planet.  Thanks to my cousin Jackie Sandole for sending me this new found picture of my Pop pop with my cousins many moons ago. Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment