Sunday, December 27, 2015

Mother daughter holiday crafting

My daughter Courtney taught me to crochet the chevon afghan stitch.  I have been trying to teach myself for years how to do it, but with little success. I don't follow patterns at all I just need someone to show me.  That's all it took!  Samantha who is extremely crafty caught on immediately she's already a third of the way finished with her afghan. It's been so fun crafting with my girls this week.  This  is my sample.


Courtney and Nala working on my Christmas present.  Only two more days to go.  I love the color way.  I told her when they put me in the senior citizen home make sure this afghan comes with to keep my knees warm in the wheel chair. ;)




Best Christmas gift ever!  I love , love the afghan my daughter Courtney made me.  The colors the texture, the pattern just perfect for me.  It's kinda strange that 30 years ago I was pregnant with her and sitting on the commuter van for my daily 3 1/2 hour round trip to work from Quantico to the Pentagon crocheting baby blankets for her.  Now she has unknowingly returned the favor.  I will cherish this gift from the heart forever. Thank you Courtney!😍💕🎄💕



No comments:

Post a Comment