Thursday, February 20, 2014

Working at Home

This week has been an emotionally challenging week for me.  I have been setting up my home office and attempting to provide structure to developing my new business model.  I have been out of the small business circuit for the past couple of years due to my on going health challenges.  I decided to get some support and not try to do everything myself and participate in a business coaching program. I've already owned and operated a very successful business in the past.  So I know the basics.  This week I have found it very difficult to adapt to setting up a business model while being physically challenged.

I stopped taking pain medicine over a year ago in order to rebuild and restructure my life.  I had developed a routine to manage the day to day activities of my life after my relocation.  I had just gotten in a grove and was feeling very upbeat and positive.  Almost pain free.  Feeling like I was ready to move to the next level and get more focused in my business.  I was ready to go on Monday, new laptop and printer, new office chair designed for comfort, trash bags to get rid of the clutter, music playlist ready.  I watched the training videos, cleaned, wrote organized from morning til late at night.  My office assistant 'Nala' observed this new routine.  I was feeling good and giddy from my new work day.  The kids commented on my clean office.  I gathered my things and began to walk up the stairs and boom.  Pain! Lots of it.  I crawled to bed.  Reluctantly took Tylenol and tossed and turned all night.  The next day I woke up lots of pain.  I said that I would rest today, I sat up in that chair too long yesterday.

 I started feeling low, low energy mentally and physically.  That's what happens when you are in pain.  I started to question my ability to accomplish my goals.  I let myself get confused.  After a day of rest and knitting I went to sleep.  The next morning I woke up feeling better no longer low energy, positive outlook.  I realized how much pain affected my mood and my outlook.  I realized that I'm not a sad and depressed person.  Being in pain lowers your energy and causes you to be melancholy.  Now it's Friday the week is coming to an end.  I didn't accomplish everything that I wanted to this week, but I did realize that it is very important to find my own rhythm and design and develop my own work style.









No comments:

Post a Comment