Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Welcome to Crafty Diva Cottage

Welcome to Crafty Diva Cottage, twelve years ago this month I came home from a funeral sat down at my computer and started manically drawing these dreamy crafty women.  I had never drawn or was a fine artist.  My creativity always was in crafting.  I created these women out of unspoken grief and pain at the loss that my children and I had just suffered.  I became obsessed with creating these crafty women soon to become 'The Crafty  Diva's.'  I drew them on the computer printed them out, designed fabric, scarves, aprons and bags.  Branded them and designed and developed craft kits.  I even wrote and illustrated a fairy tale around their creation.  I created a cottage business around them, where I sold my craft kits, hand knitting and held crafting parties and workshops. I created and crafted these divas to inspire women to use crafting and creativity to access their own innate power and voice.  For a couple of years I had fun with my 'adult 'girl scouts.'  The thrill faded away along with more grief and heartache due to my declining health and more family deaths.  Last year I decided that I would relaunch the 'Crafty Diva's' in a new a more updated way.  This blog is the just the beginning.  Stay tuned to watch how we evolve and craft new hopes, dreams and desires.  Here's a look back at the original line of 'Crafty Diva' Crafting Accessories.




No comments:

Post a Comment