Thursday, September 10, 2015

Improv Quilting with Hand painted fabric

Twelve years ago I started painting on fabric.  I wanted to design my colorful collection of fabric to use in home decor.  One of  the projects I wanted to make was quilting with hand painted fabric.  I'm not a precise sewer.  My finishing skills suck to say the least.  I'm also a perfectionist so I never let myself be totally free in my improv attempts.  This all changed this week.  I finally got that 'aha' moment yesterday when I was playing with scraps from a patchwork quilt top I made last week.  I'm not finished with this mini quilt or the patchwork one.  I still gave to do the backing and I think that I will paint more fabric for that.  But, I'm in love with this little scrappy quilt.


My process in crafting this quilt.


The patchwork quilt I made last week.


My first stack of handpainted quilts from 2003.


No comments:

Post a Comment