Thursday, September 24, 2015

Spinning Art Yarn

Yesterday a wonderful lady named Beth helped me get my spinning wheel back in working order.  It had been in storage for awhile and needed repair.  I've been feeling the urge to spin for months.  Last fall I did some drop spinning but it didn't hold me for long.  I stayed up last night spinning on my wheel and getting used to it again.


This is the yarn I spun last night.


I had planned on making art yarn and creating it on the wheel.  When I woke up this morning I had a great 'A ha!'  I could make art yarn on the drop spindle.  Why didn't I think about this before.  It was perfection.  I loved making the art yarn on the drop spindle.  It was so much fun and easy.  I'm definitely going to teach this technique in a workshop.  The ladies will love it.!



Then I attached the bulky flyer and plyed this yarn.  It will take a little while to get used to the bulky, but I loved it after I was done.


No comments:

Post a Comment