Thursday, September 17, 2015

Lesson: Struggle into Success!

 Success:  today was a success!  I started over using my friend  Dalis' handpainted wool @dancingleaffarms.  Within  5 minutes I had a felted ball and I finished these in less than an hour.  So glad I didn't let yesterday's struggle get me down.  If I hadn't experienced yesterday's disappointment, I would  not have experienced today 's 'Joy!'





For my students:  Yesterday, I had a project fail .  I was trying to make felted beads for a necklace.  Felting is not my expertise, but I'm always up for something new.  My friend and Gallery owner Jenn @obxbluepelican braved her wool allergy to help me out.  We tried for over an hour and it didn't work.  These balls just wouldn't felt!!  When I got home I saw I had been using super wash wool which is designed not to felt!  Oh, well there really are no mistakes.  I'll just repurpose them into another project.  The lesson? When crafting there are successes and struggles.  The key is to turn the struggles into successes.


Final Update!  What a difference a day makes.



No comments:

Post a Comment