Saturday, September 5, 2015

Scarf to Quilt

Remembering the process.  I started this last February.  After I washed them the fabric frayed on a few of them.  So, then I couldn't sell them as planned.  Next I put them in a bag in the back of the closet.  Next I made space in my studio had my machine repaired.  I was frustrated and confused about what to create next.  I picked up my neon knitting (which is pure meditation for me) and voila the idea came to dig in my closet and see what would resurface.  I got this brilliant idea, but it was too hot in my studio yesterday.  I was frustrated , crabby and zen all day.  I wanted to start stitching but couldn't make myself go in there.  I let it go.  Woke up this morning and boom started stitching.  Love it!!



The process.




My batik scarves stitched together. Now, the question is do I hand quilt it? Machine quilt it? Or both? First though the backing fabric. I'm loving it and I don't want to ruin it by over thinking.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle! I am finally ready your colorful inspired blog! Yay! Thanks for sharing your gifts - love the quilts and seeing your process! Hugs from Port Townsend, Frances

    ReplyDelete