Saturday, January 31, 2015

Painting with fiber

This week I got into a real fiber frenzy which was strange after batiking last week.  I finally made space to make up the needle felting kits I had purchased.  Once I got started I couldn't stop.  It was good to get lost in that crafting zone.  I hadn't been there in years and through the darkest days of my illness I didn't think I would ever get it back.  When I owned my highly stressful business I would dream about just sitting in a little cottage and crafting whenever I wanted.  Yesterday I realized that I finally manifested that dream.  These scarves layered with color texture and flowers came to symbolize the creation of my dreams and confirmation that dreams do come true.  This technique is a form of weaving and collage making.  I find that when I create using a random method I am able to access the deepest parts of my spirit.  It was a very joyful experience for me to have allowed myself  the space to create.




No comments:

Post a Comment