Wednesday, February 18, 2015

5 Day Artist Challenge

I was nominated by Delia Marsellos-Traister who is a Fantastic Fine Metal Jewelry Artist in the Los Angeles area to participate in a 5 day Facebook Artist Challenge.  I took it as an opportunity to present my past work on line and to nominate some wonderful artist friends of mine.  I'm currently moving in a different direction fine tuning my skills in other mediums.  I enjoyed revisiting the past and seeing the continuity in my artistic journey.  Vibrant color, texture and whimsy was the constant theme through the use of a variety of artistic mediums. Here is a brief example of my work.

Day 5 - I presented my 'Soulful' collection.  I express my soul and creative spirit through vibrant colors, textures and all kinds of materials. 


Day 4 -  I presented another phase of my artistic journey, Hand weaving.


Day 3 - I presented another phase of my artistic journey, Ceramics. I found my voice in hand building clay after many poor attempts at the wheel. Once I went to hand building I was singing. So here are examples of my storytellers and baskets of course.


Day 2 - I presented pictures of my next phase of creativity, my knitting.  I began knitting again as an adult while going through some heavy duty life issues.  Knitting brought me comfort and joy and helped me find a new way to express my artistic voice.


Day 1 - I began my work as an artist when I found my voice in basketry.  Here are three examples of my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment