Thursday, February 12, 2015

Vibrant Color

The past couple of days have been really bleak.  50+ mile an hour winds! driving rain! howling and swaying! rocking back and forth.  I couldn't even create anything the past two days.  I had to be patient and wait.  (not my strong suit)  yesterday I got my house cleaned, did laundry, ironed and ironed fabric.  (I told myself. 'Let it cure one more day.'). Then bam I couldn't wait I had to wash the fabric.  I would try one piece and let the rest wait until tomorrow.  Once the water hit the fabric I was in Heaven, the reveal.  Brilliant, vibrant colors better than I had anticipated.  I'm going to wash them all.  I Hand washed each piece with loving care.  Draped them over the bathtub, stood for a second to admire my work.  Then BOOM!  Power out!  What?  The storm is over WTF!  Just when I got happy and excited and almost literally jumped for Joy, and all goes to black.  I freaked for a minute got out candles and flashlights and waited patiently.  And waited and waited, visions of vibrant colorful fabric dancing in my head.  Almost an hour later and boom, lights again.  Reality set in and I had to drive my daughter to basketball practice.  I would have to wait a couple of more hours until I could revel in the reveal.  But, it was so worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment